AYB Associated Yacht Brokers are pleased to present this
Bowman – Bowman 46 for sale for just £ 40,000negotiableVat Exempt
Length Used. Year good
Lying: North East, Cleveland, United Kingdom.
Bowman 46 Yawl sailing yacht, GRP, ex condition. Refit almost complete.
Selling my much beloved Bowman due to ill health.
I have owned Priority since 2008 and have being refitting her for the last several years. I’ve spent a lot of money and time on this and she only needs a few things to be ready for launch.
If you know your boats you know the pedigree of Bowmans. This design is rated for cruising anywhere in the world and can also be used for racing great windward. There are no stress cracks at all in any parts of the hull and there has been no osmosis (or ever will) because of the heavy lay up used when building these hulls.
– Year 1982, Grp hull and teak decks.
– Reconditioned Perkins 4.236 diesel engine, with an hour of running time.
– PRM 160 hydraulic gearbox.
– Deep encapsulated keel with displacement of 10500Kg (5000Kg lead ballast).
– Design says 10 berth but this would be quite cozy.
– 1 x double forward
– 1 x single and 1 double in aft cabin.
– 1 x single under cockpit
– 1 x single pilot berth in saloon,2 x singles in saloon
LOA 44′ 3″ (13.51m)
Draft 7′ 2″ (2.21m)
Beam 13′ 2″ (4.02m)
LWL 36′ 9″ (11.22m)
– Main, roller genoa, mizzen and staysail all in very good condition. Also comes with unused cruising chute.
– Hydraulic steering and fluxgate compass (just needs head unit for autopilot).
– New Simrad RD68 Fixed DSC VHF and glomex aerial.
– Original winches and Lewmar 55 spinnaker winches.
– Granny bars for main mast.
– Reconditioned Lofrans Tigres Windlass 12V 1500W and new deck switches.
– 220 amp house battery (AGM) and red top AGM starter battery.
– 1 Delta anchor and 2 CQR anchors with galv chain.
– Proctor and Gamble main and mizzen masts and booms.
– Nelson spinflo oven/hob (new).
– New custom made stainless steel fuel tanks 240 litres capacity (from Jay Wolfe metalworking).
– New plastimo water bladders under main cabin bench seats with about 300L capacity.
– New diesel tank filler cap and water filler cap.
– New freshwater pump and piping.
– New thru hull fittings (and teak/ply backing boards) and anodes.
– New stern tube (naval bronze, high quality).
– New Lewmar Ocean hatches throughout.
– Recent ST60 instruments.
– New galvanic isolator.
– New 240 wiring, sockets and breaker box.
– New 12v breaker boards.
– New battery monitor.
– New teak flooring in all the cabins.
– Reconditioned flexible prop shaft coupling.
– Replaced engine soundproofing with fire retardant soundproofing.
– Low power microwave (used but great!).
– Selection of dishes, plates and cutlery.
– Fire extinguishers.
– Plastimo compass.
– New cockpit floor after removing and reconditioning engine.
– Completely sanded the antifouling from under the waterline ready for epoxy coating.
– 8×10 ton stands cost £900.
– Emergency teak tiller that can be attached through aft cabin ceiling to rudder post.
I have a huge folder of receipts for the items I’ve replaced.
List of things that the new owner would need to complete prior to launch.
– Epoxy coating below waterline and antifouling.
– Gas pipes and gas locker for cooker.
– Fit shoot-through depth sensor.
– Fit log sensor.
– Fit electric bilge pump (and optionally, the engine driven bilge pump).
– Recover seating cushions and headlining in aft cabin and a few panels in main cabin.
– Fit toilet waste pipes and water supply pipes.
– Topsides could do with sanding and painting to blend in the GRP work I did after removing old instruments.
– Will require standing rigging to be replaced for insurance purposes as its nearly 20 years old (but still usable).
– Some varnishing if I don’t manage to get it done.
More photos and video available on request.
Currently lying ashore in Middlesbrough (North East) at a storage yard. Open to sensible offers but I’m in no hurry to sell as the monthly storage is only £120.
May consider swap for land or property of equal value (and definitely no sports cars, clothing, jewelry, etc.).
Associated Yacht brokers,AYB,Boats for sale,Liveaboards for sale,Motor yachts for Sale,Sailing Yachts for Sale,Yachts for sale
2018-01-20 20:00:29 AYB GF OH KLad ref. BU8011A933938665930