Classic – Gaff Rig Cutter for sale
£ 12,500Vat Included / Paid
**PRICE REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE**
This Channel Islands built classic wooden craft will turn heads wherever she goes due to her unique American Friendship based design and formidable bow sprite. She has been fitted internally with comfortable accommodation for four people and is ideal for short-handed sailing due to her versatile gaff cutter rig. She will cater perfectly to the ‘classic sailor’, who enjoys a touch of varnishing on a nice summers day, or even to someone who has never owned a wooden boat and is looking for a good starting point. The ambience and character associated with wooden craft has its appeal and of course, these vessels are uncompromisingly tough.
– NASA MARINE target-2 Depth Sounder
– ICOM IC-M421 VHF (With DSC)
– PLASMO cockpit compass
12V System from two 105Ah batteries
240V shore power
– VOLVO D1-20F 3-cylinder four-stroke diesel engine powering a three blade bronze propeller (with rope cutter). Installed 2013 (new 2010). Circa 150 recorded hours.
– 2 x Lifejackets
– 1 x hand fire extinguisher
– Fire blanket
– Manual bilge pump
– Electric bilge pump
Sails and Rig
– Mainsail (Furls onto boom).
– Furling headsail.
– Storm Jib.
– Helming position located to aft of cockpit
– Engine Controls fwd (on bulkhead of foot well)
– Running rigging fed back to cockpit for easy control.
– Entrance to accommodation down central gangway
– Immediately to port of the gangway is the VHF radio
Immediately as you enter the accommodation are two quarter berths to port and stbd heading astern. Heading forward to port is the HEADS compartment with a Thetford chemical sea toilet. Opposite is the galley area with a gas hob and small basin with cold running water. Further forward is two single berths with storage areas below.
Displacement values, and LWL are approx. LOA does not include bow sprite.
– 2 x LEWMAR single speed winches
– Anchor with warp, chain and manual winch
– Cockpit cover
Viewed by the broker in Aug 2017, ‘Windsong’ is a Hasslars built wooden boat based on an American Friendship design. Both externally and internally she has been very well maintained. She is of strip plank construction, typical of that time in that it is square edge strips, bevelled to fit against each other. The advantage of the square edge system is that better quality timber was used as it was not intended to sheath over it.
Broker Simon Thomas Yacht Sales / Lochin Marine