Golden Hind Marine – 31 Light Airs Cutter for sale
£ 69,500Vat Included / Paid
Overseas, OverSeas, France.
A genuinely unique vessel and the last Golden Hind. Built by Golden Hind Marine for the proprietor on his retirement, launched in July 2013 and very little used since then. She has completed only a one week cruise in 2015, a three week cruise in 2016 and was laid up in 2017 so everything is virtually as new. The Yanmar 3GM30F engine has done only 280 hours and much of the equipment, including the galley oven, the holding tank, the shower and the cabin heater has never been used.She has a hand-built, timber cabin with epoxy/grp sheathed decks and natural mahogany cabin sides, on a high-specification GRP hull. The interior therefore has the feel of a “proper yacht” with laminated hardwood beams and all exposed areas of hull panelled in light American ash, with no hint of g.r.p visible.
A heavy displacement vessel with a shallow draft long keel and additional bilge plates, giving access to shoal draft waters and easy drying out but with an enviable reputation as a long distance, sea kindly cruising boat with many trans-ocean voyages to her credit. Certified to CE category A, Ocean.
She is a truly individual craft, built to an exceptionally high specification and has many unique features, including:
• Solid mahogany cabin sides which result in a stunning appearance.
• The light airs cutter rig which gives a huge increase in performance over the standard rigs and is beautifully balanced on the helm
• An extended length cabin giving extra internal accommodation.
• Encapsulated lead keel giving enhanced stability and the space for two custom potable grade, HDPE water tanks beneath the cabin sole.
• Hull laminated throughout with Isophthalic polyester resin, in a temperature and humidity controlled clean room. Blakes SFE 200 osmosis protection and a sacrificial grounding strip to the bottom of the keel applied in the workshop prior to the boat leaving.
• Double, above the waterline collision bulkheads in the bows.
• Sigmar Marine diesel cabin heater fed from the main tanks.
(run only for installation)
• Nine Gebo category A opening windows (all with removable mosquito screens), plus three dorade deck vents and an opening ventilation hatch over the saloon table.
• Twin forecabin berths which convert to a very large double.
• Stainless steel folding mast steps on the Sailspar bespoke spars
• All stainless steel, self-tailing winches, with all sail handling led to the cockpit.
• Stainless steel and teak boom gallows and Jeckells Mainmate and lazyjacks to ease mainsail handling.
• And much more.
She is fitted out and equipped to an extremely high standard with custom joinery throughout. She is fully equipped with liferaft, dinghy (new 2016 and used only twice), autopilot, lifebelts with lights, MOB rescue kit, ample warps and fenders, down to lifejackets and crockery and is ready to go.
All equipment is of the highest quality and over-specification and is too extensive to list here.
For more information please ask for further details.