2014 Robertson & Caine Leopard 44ft Catamaran for sale in Panama
Beautiful 2014, 44ft Leopard for sale, we have invested considerable effort and finances to outfit this fantastic cruising yacht, our plans have changed and she needs a new owner to carry on her adventures. We have been sailing the Caribbean for the last year on her. This boat is extremely well-equipped. She’s a fully self-sufficient 4-cabin, 4 heads Live-aboard or Charter Catamaran with very low (less than 300) engine hours. Live a fully outdoor life with both forward and aft cockpits, with a walk-through from the salon to the forward cockpit lounging space. Both outdoor spaces feature large overhangs for shade and comfort. A large, 14-foot dinghy with 15 hp with an electric winch to lower and raise it makes live-aboard life much easier.
Located in Panama. We just spend the last month polishing her and adding new anti-fouling.
This beautiful Leopard 44 features an absolutely astonishing list of features, improvements, and extra
equipment. See below for a list of the equipment and improvements to this boat.
Please note: This vessel was a Sunsail boat that was in the BVI and suffered exterior damage in Irma, but has been repaired to a high standard. No water damage occurred. When we bought the boat in Antigua there was no mast, a second-hand mast was added with oversized rigging. Bimini sustained damage.
Jan 2020 survey and more pictures and videos available from this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kAqI6Wo43O1hfJYer1uvZTQjrk55hjsL
Standard Features and Outfitting
4 x Double Cabins with ensuite heads and showers. (auto drains installed)
796 sq ft 74 sq m Mainsail & New 474 sq ft 44 sq m Genoa
oversized standing rigging, much of running rigging is recently replaced
2 x 16,000 BTU Cruiseair air conditioners, one with soft start
Vitrifrigo Fridge and separate freezer
6 Kw Northern Lights generator
Length Overall 42 ft 7 in. 12.98 m
Length at Waterline 41 ft 8 in. 12.70 m
Beam Overall 23 ft 9 in. 7.25 m
Draft 4 ft 2 in. 1.27 m
Displacement 32,930 lbs 14,900 kg
Mast Height 68 ft 11 in. 21 m
Fuel Capacity 185 US gal. 700 l
Water Capacity 206 US gal. 780 l
Engines 2 X Yanmar 3JH5CE (< 300 hours)
New 2 blade Yanmar props just added.
Designers Morelli and Melvin
Builders Robertson and Caine
Sail Area 1270 sq ft 118 sq m
Air Draft 68’ 11” 21 m
Hull number: raca5091J314
This 2014 Leopard 44 is powered by two original Yanmar 3JH5CE 39hp diesel engines with sail drive. Engine hours are approximately 260 and 290 hours. This Leopard 44 also benefits from two new Yanmar 2-blade propellers which have just been fitted.
Additional mechanical equipment on-board includes a 6kw Northern Lights Generator, a Seawater Pro modular watermaker (15gal/h), 2x Cruisair 16,000BTU air conditioning system and an extra Isotherm drawer freezer.
Sails and Rigging
The rigging on board this Leopard 44 was replaced following storm damage including a second-hand mast (3-6 years old) and oversized standing rigging. Running rigging was also replaced recently. All rigging has been checked and approved by a surveyor.
Sails include a 74m2 mainsail and a new 44m2 genoa. The total sail area is 118m2.
• Solar Panels
• 100Amp MPPT solar charge controller with a control screen
• 2400watt Pure Sine Wave inverter with integrated solar charger (auto-switch between the inverter and shore power)
• Extra 5kw heavy-duty inverter
• Battery Charger 40 A & battery reconditioner
• 10x multicolor 3500 lumen’s underwater lights with control panel
• A video camera installed to viewport side to aid docking (extra camera available for installation)
• AIS receiver
• Weboost GSM amplifier (heavy-duty antenna and transmitter onboard for installation)
• Bad Boy WiFi 8km booster
• 32″ 4K Stan 12v TV
• Sony stereo with Bose speakers
• Extra 12v sockets installed throughout
• Extra AC plugs installed in saloon
The exterior of this Leopard 44 provides plentiful space for entertaining and relaxing. There are cockpits both forward and aft which is accessible directly from the saloon. Both cockpits benefit from shaded areas, with shade covers installed around the rear cockpit area and extra shade covers added to the bimini.
Additional exterior equipment includes:
• Blue deck cushions
• 1 click hose connector to auto-fill water tanks
• Deck wash
• Anchor and chain wash
• 14ft tender with 15hp MAPI outboard with spare gearbox and prop
• Electric tender lift
• 8x fenders
• 3x fender covers
• Kuuma deck BBQ
• New heavy-duty dock lines
• Surfboard with stainless steel mounting rack
• Beach gear including 7 x chairs, water toys, fishing and snorkeling equipment
• Fishing gear – rods, speargun, and knife
• Surface Dive 12v Aqualung diving unit
This 2014 Leopard 44 is the 4-cabin 4-head version, 2x nose beds (for kids) saloon sleeping area, providing accommodation for 12 guests.
The raised saloon and galley area provides a relaxing area with great views, from the saloon there is walk-through access to both the forward and aft cockpits areas. There is also a large saloon/dining table with comfortable sofa seating.
The Leopard 44 features manufacturer standard galley equipment and the following extras:
• Vitrifrigo fridge and freezer
• Extra Isotherm drawer freezer
• 5-stage freshwater filtration system with extra filters
• Watermaker modular & extra high-pressure filter
• Built-in Vesta mini dishwasher
• Built-in Haier washing machine and water-cooled dryer
• Daewoo microwave
• Igloo Countertop Icemaker
• Whytner countertop ice cream maker
• 3x propane gas bottles
• 12v Black and Decker handheld vacuum cleaner
• 110v 9.4l Shop-Vac vacuum cleaner
• food saver vacuum sealer
• hamilton beach dough mixer
• other electrical food equipment for kitchen use
Safety, Spares and Additional Equipment
Safety equipment included with this Leopard 44 features:
• 2x early warning smoke detectors in electrical areas
• Viking 8 person life raft (requires servicing)
• Orion flare gun kit (expires July 2021)
• Plastimo yellow life ring and cover
• 6x fire extinguishers
• man overboard pole
Spares and additional equipment on board includes:
• New white linen for all cabins (including pillow cases, towels, bath mats, table cloths)
• Chip resistant plates
• 2x 110v mini dehumidifiers
• Piles of spare parts and tools (extension ladder, grinder, polisher, sander, extension leads, dremel, hole saw, air paint gun, and more)
• Singer sewing machine with UV resistant threads
Our catamaran was on the hard in Jan 2020 where it was polished and new anti-fouling was added. She is ready for a new year of sailing. Asking $315 000 – Offers welcome. Contact now